Friday, January 23, 2009

Day 288 (Jan 22nd)--Reporting the Harasser


My husband was hospitalized in April of 2008. We were told his insurance covered all of the hospitalization costs. A couple of weeks ago my husband started getting harassing calls from a collections agency over a $500 ambulance bill--calling him a liar about the insurance covering his bill, calling him a bum :O, etc. Since I am really good at filing complaints and reports (comes with being a Social worker) I helped my husband out by filing a complaint against this collections agency with the Better Business Bureau. It worked too--they stated the will not be calling us anymore and would be correcting this for their records, however they refused to apologize saying "We didn't say it was an ambulance bill. (LIARS!) But they refused to accept responsibility for the phone calls." Whatever.


-Jackie

3 comments:

Kathy G said...

Good for you!

I'm pretty sure they were breaking all kinds of rules by harassing him. Even so, you should keep all your records in case they start calling you again, or sell the records to another company who starts calling.

Jen said...

How very frustrating! Good for you for filling out the complaint. I'm so glad that they stopped calling, but it definitely sounds like they did owe you an apology.

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness your comment reminded me of "beavis and butthead" which i had to sneak to watch because my mom hated it...but the boy i had a crush on in junior high LOVED it