Tuesday, January 5, 2010

New year, new Goals


I do not do New Year's Resolutions. I do however, set my goals at the beginning of the year and then revise throughout the year as needed. In college I used to set a ton of goals for myself (about 20-30). I remember in 1998 I acheived all of my goals but 2 of them. These days I limit myself to 3 or 4. For 2010 I have named 4 goals for myself (one is a continuance on the caffiene reduction and exercise I started in September) but the one I am going to talk about today is the one that is most important to me. That one is being a more positive person and surrounding myself with positive people instead ones that insist on bringing negativity into my life.


This is something I have struggled with in my life. I used to think that if I looked for the worst case scenario I would never dissapoint myself. In mid 2007 I began working towards being a more positive person, and I was making progress. Then 2008 hit and knocked me flat on my butt, so much so that by the end of 2008/beginning of 2009 I would present people with a laundry list of issues I faced in 2008. It also made me shut myself off from the world for awhile and isolate. The second half of this last year was the time I finally began to stop apoligizing for the person I am and get back into the world.


This is not going to be an easy goal (I already thought about giving up on day 2 when I was struggling) but it's something I am very dedicated to doing. I will keep you all posted on my progress.


Take Care,

Jackie

3 comments:

Jen said...

Surrounding yourself with positivity is so very important. Other people and environments can have a huge affect on you. Keep up the positivity!

Colette said...

That's a great goal - and, as you know, the key to accomplishing it is not to give up, and to start again if you slip.

Rachel Cox said...

Amen sister! It really is very difficult to stay positive... BUT... it does make such a huge impact on your life. :-) I will be praying that you are able to surround yourself with positive people and that when you get down you are able to remain positive and get back on track quickly! :-)