Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The Soundtrack of my life--an end of the year entry

My friend Angela posed a good question on her Facebook the other day: What songs would you choose for your personal soundtrack? After a lot of thinking about it here are a few of mine.


1) Dixie Chicks--Wide open spaces. I love playing this song whenever I am going through a new chapter of my life. I feel like this song is timeless.


2) Nancy Sinatra--These Boots are Made for Walkin'--(Not what you might think), instead of the song being about a cheating lover, I make it to be about people who try to walk all over me (like my last CM consultants).


3) How you Live (Point of Grace)--This is a life song for me. It's how I want to live my life.

4) If you're going through Hell (keep on going) Rodney Atkins--A song that has really helped me get through the bad times.

5) The Facts of life theme song--I love the 80's, I love 80's Cit Coms and I love this song. It really fits me especially that part that says "When the world never seems to be livin' up to your dreams, then suddenly you're findin' out the Facts of Life are all about you."

6) Love of my life (Michael W. Smith and Jim Brickman). It is one of my husband and I's songs.

7) It's so hard to say goodbye (to Yesterday)--Boyz 2 Men--This is one of the newer songs in my "Soundtrack"......this is the song I listen to when I want to remember my Grandmother...the line that sticks with me the most is "And I'll take with me the Memories...to be my sunshine after the rain."

8) Hands (Jewel)--Though it's considered a "Secular song" (though I am someone who listens to all kinds of music not just Christian), I love how it talks about helping others, being God's hands, and standing up for what's right.

9) That's what Friends are for--It's another timeless song and about true friendship.

10) Vienna (Billy Joel)--Even though I am a huge Billy Joel fan, the first time I heard this song was the first time I saw "13 going on 30"....it's a song I like to listen to when I am getting caught up in the chaos of the world.

Hope you enjoyed my list and hope you all have a Happy New Year. May 2010 be a wonderful year for all of us!

-Jackie




1 comment:

Kathy G said...

Interesting combination of songs.