Saturday, December 5, 2009

What a wknd

Hope you all are having a great wknd! Unfortunately mine has not gone as planned. I was supposed to go down to Iowa for my niece's 2nd birthday today but at work on Friday I ended up having 4 asthma attacks along with chest pains. I needed to take last night and today off to recover. I really wanted to see the little Tyke turn 2 but unfortunately I will have to wait until Christmas to see her! My husband, puppy and I ended up snuggling on the couch where we watched UP (which was kind of depressing) and Star Trek. I am not a Star Trek fan but I LOVED the movie. I am going to add it to my DVD collection.

Another thing I love is the site I love free things. If you are on Facebook you can find a page there which list the free deals and samples along with the link to sign up for them. If not you can go directly to their website. I have gotten a lot of cool things from them including boy shorts, food free samples and coupons for free items! I just love that site!

I am kind of floating through the Holiday season. I was glad to hear we are not having a Christmas out to Eat Party at work like we have done in past years. Instead we are having a Potluck. That is just fine by me because besides putting my time in to help others (through the Salvation Army and Hope Lodge), I want this Christmas to be as low key as possible. We have not put up any Christmas Decorations or lights and besides the work potluck the only Holiday Party I am attending is at Hope Lodge. I might be going to a Chris Tomlin Concert but that is because my friend is looking for someone to use the extra ticket she has. So we'll see.

Hope you have a great week!

-Jackie

2 comments:

Jen said...

So sorry to hear that you've not been feeling well. I certainly hope you've recovered. Oh, and thanks for the "I love free things" link! That's right up my alley, lol. Also, I know that the holidays have been difficult for you this year, but I think that it's just wonderful that you're still giving of yourself to others. Keep up the good work!

Amber D said...

Sorry to hear your weekend was a bummer but glad you get to see her for the Christmas season!