Wednesday, December 23, 2009

2009 In Review

I saw this on another blog and thought I would do this also. 2009 had it's ups and downs this year but lead me to a much better frame of find and helped me better sort through it all. Here's a cliff notes version of it all.

January--Busily got files ready for an audit, helped out at a nearby soup kitchen. Found out we were getting a very nice tax refund which helped fund what was to come in the summer. =)

February--Celebrated 7 years of marriage. Became proud owners of a Wii Fit. Became a red head for awhile. =)

March--Helped out with Special Olympics. Began to took for a new apartment as we were getting very fed up with our current one. Very busy month at work. I billed 500 units (average billing is 395). Celebrated Mike's and Pretzels birthdays.

April--Found the apartment we would end up moving to during the summer. Put the deposit down. Got a Wii Fit and started using it! COMPLETED my new things challenge!

May--Very uneventful month. Mainly focused on Packing.

June--Moved into our cute new place (our 3rd floor corner apartment). Little did we know one of our friends would become our neighbor just a few months later. Auditioned for the Eaglebrook Drama team (I did get on the list but one barely gets called for it).

July--Went through a month of disputing our damage deposit charges as our former landlord made up a bunch of bogus charges. We eventually won and got our deposit and half a months rent back. Re-established an estranged friendship. Celebrated my 33rd Birthday (and the neighbors dog bit me that morning, not fun) and got to ring it in with my family and Grandmother.

August--Had a great time at our Cities Festival in the Park, dealt with some drama that is am not going to get into, our friend JP moved into our building, found out my Grandmother had stage 4 cancer, took a flight to Montana with my Siblings to spend time with her.

September--My Grandmother passed away from Cancer. Rang in the College Football Season and watched a lot of Florida Gator Games.

October--Started Volunteer Orientation at Hope Lodge, Attended Grief Support Group, Discovered Fruit Bouquets, started attending Fusion at New Hope Church attended Home Safety Training as well as getting to see Dr. Daniel Amen's conference which was awesome. Started operation caffeine reduction.

November--PAID OFF MY STUDENT LOANS, went to a Vikings game (yes, I am shocked too but I did not root for them), lost my 1st 10 pounds, My husband and I had our own Thanksgiving, attended a Scrapbooking Retreat wknd (Which did not end well), got a replacement TV for Free!

December--Fought bronchitis, played Santa and delivered the Hennepin County gift program items, saw a Christmas Story at the Mounds Theater..the rest is still unwritten.....

-Jackie

1 comment:

Amber D said...

This is a cool idea but Jan-May would be like this for me "worked/ hung out with family/ drove to Mn to see Ryan" That would be a boring list.