Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Figuring out that there is a reason for this

As a few of you already know, we are in the process of moving out of somewhere that in our two years of living there has become a rat hole. The funny thing is, we passed up the place we are moving into on Friday for our current place two years ago because they had a better move in special (and because back then the complex looked 110% better than it does today). Normally I would be kicking myself for not moving there two years ago, but last night I realized something....

In 2007 I was working at a different job where I would end up getting home around 6 or 7pm. I had to do a lot of driving for this job and if we had been living (at our soon to be new home) I would have been taking a different direction home on August 1st, 2007. That direction would have put me on 35W the day the bridge went down. I remember the events of that day very clearly and though I can't tell you for sure what time I would have been on that bridge, I am grateful I had a different route to take home during that time. So my new thing is being grateful for the good times I had at our current place and how life has a funny way of working things out sometimes. (With that said my heart continues to go out to all of those who were involved or lost someone on the bridge that fateful day).

-Jackie

5 comments:

Jen said...

Wow, what a revelation!

Kathy G said...

There's a reason for everything that happens in our lives, even if we don't know what the reason is.

Jackie said...

Kathy--I totally get that it's just some revelations, like this one are huge compared to others.

Jeanne said...

Jackie we went through living somewhere for a year that was horrible and asked ourselves the same questions. You've discovered there's a reason we may not see it right away or even see it but there's a bigger plan at work than ours.

Becky said...

I got goose bumps reading about how you might have been on 35W the day the bridge collapsed had you not lived where you live. Truly a reason to be thankful even though the living situation has been difficult. I am so happy for you over your new living situation and I pray it will be a much better experience.