Friday, September 11, 2009

It's so hard....to say Goodbye...to yesterday....


I got the call I have been dreading for the last month this morning.....my Grandmother passed away from Cancer today. She was 85 years old. For those of you who don't know my Grandmother was one of the closest people in my life. She lived with my family for a number of years and was always one of my biggest supporters. I get some of my craftiness from her as she made dolls, afghans, clothes, many things including the angel that sat on top of our family's Christmas tree. She was a wonderful cook and one of my favorite things she would make was her doughnuts from scratch. She loved animals (especially dogs). She always encouraged me to go out and pursue the things I wanted in life. I love her dearly and will miss her. I am proud to be her Granddaughter. Rest in Peace, dear Grandmother.

-Jackie

5 comments:

Kathy G said...

So sorry...

Amber D said...

So sorry hon, I'll be praying for you. Praise the Lord you got to go and see her before she passed.

Amber

Jen said...

I'm really sorry to hear that, Jackie. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Jeanne said...

I'm so sorry Jackie. {{HUGS}}

Becky said...

I am so sorry for your loss. Your Grandmother sounds like a wonderful and inspiring women who will be greatly missed. May God give you peace and comfort as you grieve over this loss. I am praying for you.