Monday, September 7, 2009

Where to go from here

Hi Everyone,
I am enjoying my last days of vacation before I go back to work. For those of you who are not on Facebook or who didn't get to see my note on there, I will tell you that the trip to see my Grandma was a much needed one. I needed to see for myself how she was doing and to be able to say the things to her I needed to say. She is still bedridden at this point and does not eat very much most days (pudding and coffee most days with maybe half a slice of toast). She says most everything tastes like cardboard, which I have heard is common amongst cancer patients. She is having a steady stream of visitors which is good and Montana is a great provider for hospice care. They have a PCA and Skilled Nurse working with her and Aunt and Cousin are also around to provide care for her. I will continue to keep you all posted on how she is doing.

I am not 100% sure in what format I will continue this blog. I was doing the photo challenge but I fell off that wagon during the time I found out my Grandmother was/is sick. I will continue to take and post photos on here but I think in a less structured format. I might move this blog to wordpress if I can't figure out how to post photos without them all moving to the top.

I am looking forward to fall--it's actually my favorite season of the year. The trip to Montana left me with a lot of questions (not doubts necessarily but questions) so I will be taking the Alpha Course this fall at Our Old Church that was right behind our old apartment complex. I tried to take this course 5 years ago but I was on call 24/7 at the job I was employed at during that time and kept getting called into work. I am looking forward to actually being able to take and finish the course.

This month is already looking to be a busy one but busy in a good way. Hubby & I are continuing to help with fruits of the city where we get fruits from tree's of private homeowners as well as orchards and the fruits get donated to local food banks. At our last picking in Rush City we were able to donate 12,000 pounds of Apples which went to numerous Twin Cities and Wisconsin Food Shelters as well as the Food Bank in Rush City, where we did the picking. I am also looking forward to scrapbooking again this weekend. I found a group of scrapbookers who are in my age group and not part of the mommy and me crowd. The first crop is this wknd and there will also be Social Activities planned with this group.

In addition to all of this our Church is expanding our seating by 3,000 seats. At Fall kickoff next wknd they will be telling us how this is going to happen. This is exciting because this campus (which is our third campus, the building given to them by a Baptist Church that was closing it's doors) opened in 2008 and is already running out of room at the Sunday services. Should be an exciting time for our campus and Church in general!

I do have some photos to share but you will have to wait until I get my USB cord for my new camera (old/new, I bought it from a friend). We did not do much while in Montana but I did get some good shots. Until next time..


Take Care,
Jackie

4 comments:

Jen said...

When you add photos, add them and put text in between them in the order that you want them in the post. For example, write some text, then add a photo (& center it if you want), write some more text, repeat...etc. Then post. It should come up in the order it is in the preview. Hopefully, that will help some! :)

Amber D said...

I'm still here still reading just don't always have something to say (and I dont' check every day)

Colette said...

I'm glad you had a good visit with your Grandma.

About the photos, once a picture is in your blog, you can click on it, do a control - c (to copy it), click where you want it to be and do a control - v (to paste). You have to go back and remove it from the first location or it will be there twice. (You could probably do a cut/paste instead, but somehow I never do that).

Jeanne said...

Glad to hear your isit with your Grandma was good and what a wonderful thing you and Mike are doing! Hear you on the scrapping. My BF in Florida ran into that. She tried going to some crops but it's all the mommy crowd and she's single.