Monday, October 12, 2009

Movies, Fwinter and Life

Hi All!

Hope you all had a good weekend! I was excited to go to the movies this wknd. A friend of mine and I saw Julie and Julia. If you have not seen it, I highly recommend it! I want to buy this when it comes out on DVD. It was the highlight of my weekend.

This weekend we Minnesotans welcomed the beginning of FWINTER (fall and Winter). The last time we had winter this early was 20 years ago! I am actually enjoying it but am not liking the fact that come Saturday we will be back up in the 70's again. If the snow is going to come early, I wish it would stick around for awhile.

I hit a personal milestone today---I ran two miles today on Wii Fit for a total of 10 minutes! This is huge for me because I have never been able to run (between my joints and my asthma). I am looking forward to doing this program on Wii fit more often.

Other than all of this--I am doing a bit better but still have my really hard days (yesterday was a real stinker of a day for example). This weekend I am starting my volunteering at the American Cancer Society's Hope Lodge (It's like a Ronald McDonald House for Adult Cancer Patients and their caregivers who like at least 40 miles away. I will be volunteering for 8 hours a month and am looking forward to this. Right now I am just pushing through day by days--it's the best I can do!

Take Care,
Jackie




1 comment:

Amber D said...

Good for you that is awesome!! Ryan and I just got our 'gym' last night in the basement. I think I might just use it tonight!! Thanks for the insperation.

As for the hope lodge that is great! I personaly couldn't do that. My silly thing (yours is not silly) is that I donate my hair to locks of love. I've done it 3 times so far, once before Mark was even diagnosed. I'm gearing up for my next donation next fall sometime when it gets long enough. you have to donate 10 inches and I don't want to go as short as I have in the past, too hard to grow out.

Later,
Amber