Monday, October 26, 2009

Change your Diet, Change your life


Wow! It's been almost 2 weeks already and I cannot believe the change that has come about. One small change I decided to make in my life snowballed into other health changes. I went into all of this with one goal--caffeine reduction/elimination. I have come out of it with so much more. When I go to the Grocery store I now want to eat healthy. An example of this is today, I went to the store and saw cupcakes on sale. Normally I would have scooped them right but instead I bought the Special K Chocolate Delight cereal. I have turned down sweets at two different events and I have started taking my vitmamins again!

My only issue right now with vitamins is being able to take them all at once (to stomach them), I absolutely cannot each them in the morning without getting sick. I have to wait before bed to take them. I am now taking Calcium+Vitamin D, a Multivitamin, Fish Oil and Green Tea tabs. I think it has really helped with my mood and I have so far lost 4 pounds (I am not in it to lose weight but if it happens I will not complain.)

I have more energy to do things and take far less naps than I used to. Last night I went out with a friend to a 20-30 somethings group and I would have never done that on a Sunday when I had to work the next day. It's amazing the changes that take place when you change one thing in your life you did not think that you could.

-Jackie

3 comments:

Jen said...

Glad to hear it's going well!

Colette said...

Good for you!

Rachel Cox said...

That's awesome!!! I love that just eliminating one thing is snowballing into others!

I have really really been convicted as of late about my choices. It literally is one choice at a time! That is what I keep focusing on!

Good for you!!!