Thursday, October 22, 2009

One week, bubble baths and change of seasons



  1. Tomorrow will mark one week since I started my caffeine reduction. There have been good and bad things about it. The Good things have been: increased energy (after the first couple of days), the desire to be healthier in my eating along with what I drink, sleeping through the night instead of taking naps and a having the weight loss/body fat reduction I am already experiencing as a result. Some of the bad things have been: some nausea (which came heavily on Monday morning), headaches every night for the first few days (so much so I had to miss Grief Support on Monday night and got , my coming to love the snooze button in the morning. But I am very committed to doing this and am going to keep on going. It will be worth it not to have an addiction so strong to something that does so much harm to my body!
  2. Bubble Baths--I am becoming increasingly addicted to them! I have been taking them in the evenings when I am feeling queasy or after working out. I love how they are an inexpensive way to pamper myself!
  • One of my co-workers talks about how her clients have had increases in hospitalizations, episodes or just increased moodiness when the seasons have changed. I have really noticed it this week, the phone has been ringing off the hook from providers, clients and hospital with fires (not literal fires but issues) that I have to deal with. I am hoping things will slow down in the coming weeks--if not I have a five day wknd coming the weekend of Thanksgiving!
I hope you all have a good wknd. The forecasters here think this will be one of the last weekends for Fall Colors so I plan on enjoying them. The picture to the left is from a walk I took at our Nature Center last weekend. I really enjoy spending time there!

Take Care,
Jackie

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

Oh I love the picture from your walk! We're seeing the tail end of our foliage. Rain forcasted for this weekend so I fear that will knock it off. Good for you tackling the caffine. I don't drink soda at all so it's just a cup or two of coffee for me. Can't do the decaf cause it upsets my stomach.