Thursday, October 16, 2008

Day 189 (October 14th) Save Ratchet

EPILOGUE: The response has been so overwhleming that Ratchet has been saved! The Military reversed the ruling and now Ratchet is on a plane headed home! I am so thrilled!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DISCLAIMER: I have strong views on this post. Which is why I did this new thing. You have a right to disagree with me but would prefer to have any negative comments about this left out of the comments section. Thank you.

Today I heard the story of Ratchet which moved me to tears. I actually heard it on two different Radio stations. A female soldier serving in Iraq rescued a dog from a burning area in hopes of turning it over to the ASPCA. On the way to the airport the US military confiscated it and are planning to kill the animal for no reason. All she wants to do is bring the dog home and find a good home for it. It just frustrates me as a HUGE animal lover.

So I signed the petition going around online through the ASPCA. For those of you interested in signing it too here is the link. http://www.thepetitionsite.com/2/clemency-for-ratchet.

-Jackie

3 comments:

Jen said...

I read about that story, too. So sad...

Jeanne said...

Signed the petition too!

Unknown said...

It is a sad story but my question would be, how long would the animal have to be kept in quarantine both before and after the flight? maybe the most humane thing for the animal was to have it put down in Iraq.