Friday, October 17, 2008

Day 191 (October 16th)---Fall Sawp

The Community Group I am assistant organizer for had a swap tonight. You brought in items from home you could no longer use (like clothes, household items, beauty products) and swap them out for other items. There were 23 women in attendance and LOTS of items! So we were divided into groups and started with the letter of the room we got in our goodie bags. Then you rotated rooms every 15 minutes. The first round you could pick 15 items per room and the next round was a free for all. They also had refreshments: drinks and appetizers. I went to this swap and left with so much more than I came in with. Here is just a small sample of what I went home with.

-2 seasons on DVD of a TV show I like and a Latin Dance workout DVD
-2 sweaters, a dress, 2 tops and 2 really cute sweatsuits....some still had the tags on them.
-Some Mary Kay items (I think a former cosultant was getting rid of all her stuff)
-New picture frames and photo albums
-Lots of lotions and cosmetic sets.
-A really cute new bag for work.

*There was a breadmaker too but someone who got assigned to that room first got it. =( Oh well, I had so much I was barely able to carry it!

They are going to have future ones of these in the winter and spring; I am looking forward to it! Next time it will be in a community room which will probably be better...the bathroom was one of the rooms with items and I ended up having to stop at a gas station on the way home to use the bathroom!

-Jackie

5 comments:

Jen said...

oh, that sounds like so much fun. i, too, would have gone for the breadmaker. :)

Lise said...

Cool, what an awesome event - I don't think they have swaps like that here in Oz - but i'm off to google it now, just to check!

Unknown said...

what a really cool idea! What did you bring to the swap?

Anonymous said...

ooooh i have never been to a swap...sounds awesome! my problem is that i never want to get rid of my stuff :)

Kathy G said...

Our ladies group at church tried this and it flopped. Not everyone chose to participate so there wasn't a good selection. Sounds like yours was a lot better!