Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Defamation of Character, Hufflepuff and Pizza personalities


Hello Everyone,
Well this week has been.....interesting to say the least. We checked out of our apartment on Monday and to my dismay have never been treated so poorly by an apartment manager in my entire life. She is trying to suck us out of our whole security deposit for things like burned out light bulbs, blinds that were so crappy they broke when we pulled the string for them to go down, a bathtub we reported yellowing and dirty upon move in, a window that cracked because it froze this winter and the other window that cracked because the neighbors slammed their doors and windows so hard that the window cracked. The property manager also called me a liar twice and my husband a liar once upon checkout which would be consider defamation of character. Needless to say I am playing phone tag with the Property management company who was delivered a complaint from the Better Business Bureau on my behalf and have requested a response from the company. I stated besides some burner pans that got yucked up and we chose not to replace and about an hour of cleaing because I did forget to clean out a drawer in the bathroom, I want me security deposit back, the cancelled check fee for a check she lost and then found in her pocket a week later back in 2007, and half a months rent since we left on the 12th of July and had everything out the next week. She just could not meet with us until the 30th because she said she had a "conference in Wisconsin to go to." I have everything documented to, because I am a Social Worker and we are good at doing that. =) So hopefully this can be over after today and we can go on with our life and enjoy our new place.

Onto happier "new things"

I found this quiz from Minnesota Monthly regarding "what Pizza Personality are you." I love most pizzas so I had to check it out. The results were pretty accurate.

Your Pizza: Leonardo's
Homesick Chicago transplants have been known to fly down to the Windy City for a deep-dish pizza because Minnesota, for all its charms, tends to make deep-dish pizzas that are either not deep enough, or, well, repulsive. It’s time for homesick Chicago transplants to join hands, sing, and rejoice! There is, in fact, one place in the Twin Cities that knows how to make a deep-dish pizza. The place is called Leonardo’s, in Mahtomedi, and it doesn’t look like much, just a little storefront in a little strip mall. But appearances can be deceiving. Call ahead with your deep-dish order because it will take Leonardo’s a good 40 minutes to cook their Chicago stuffed pizza, as it should. When it’s done, though, you will have a heavy, casserole-sized, well-cooked two-inch-deep pizza stuffed with Italian sausage, Canadian bacon, pepperoni, mushrooms, black olives, provolone, mozzarella, and—most important—a spicy, garlicky, thick, zesty, magnificent marinara sauce.

I have not tried this Leonardo's but I love to make Road Trips around MN to explore new places and try new foods. This might be worth the effort!

Another new thing answered my question I have always had surrounding Harry Potter: Which house would the sorting hat choose for me? According to the Facebook Survey: Hufflepuff, because I love Justice but do not like conflict or hurting others. I have a Pure Heart, according to my results. Awwwww....

-Jackie

2 comments:

Kathy G said...

That manager doesn't stand a chance!

Amber D said...

GRRR I hate renting