Friday, July 31, 2009

Week one of being 33--and week one of my challenge












This wrapped up my First week of my 365+ photo challenge. The first picture was from the Employee Appreciation Party. It represents the things I liked most about the Party (the cool new bags we got and the Cookbook which included my Recipe for Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies). I have been working for this company for a year and a half now and love my job. But next year I might sit employee appreciation out. The food they have had for the last 2 years has not agreed with me and I don't have a knack for winning prizes.

The second Photo was taken using the Self Timer with our $100 gift card we got from Rent.Com as they were the referral source in finding our new place. We got a lot of cute things for the apartment with it. =)

As seen on Tv---as we know, some things work really well that are in infomercials (George Foreman Grill and the Magic Bullet for Instance) Other things---not so much. The Bumpits are one of them. I have something similar from Goodie that gives ones ponytails more volume and that works 10 times better than the bumpit. I have thin hair as it is and all this seemed to do is pull my hair and I could never seem to cover it up. Good thing I got it at the Dollar General. =(

Finally, it is the 33. I thought this was cute because I just turned 33 and the Wii decided that day this was my Wii Fit age. For some reason the Wii Fit seems to think I just turned 30 though and I can't find a way to fix this. Oh well....

-Jackie

6 comments:

Becky said...

Your cookies sound delicious - I may have to make that recipe. Would you post about the Goodie pony tail thing that does work? I have very fine thin hair and so I am always looking for anything that can help the volume. I will check back here in the comments section.

Jackie said...

I am not sure what it is called. Hubby threw away that package of course. I did get it at Target so I would try there. You put in on your head, make a low ponytail and it looks like your hair is fuller!

Jeanne said...

Good going Jackie. Thing about work parties is they're usually not fun but part of being a 'good employee', showing up and at least looking like you're having fun. Cool on getting that gift card. Big help with a new apartment.

Becky said...

Thanks Jackie! I will check Target to see if I can find it.

Amber D said...

The parties were always fun if you went with friends, but then again the food never made me sick and I some how always won something...But they ever gave out gifts at the door they were always lame. The bag is cool!

Becky K said...

Bummer that the bumpit didn't work for you! I have super thin hair and a hair stylist used it in my hair for a wedding and it looked great! I haven't tried it on my own.