Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Day 251 (December 15th)--Driving while Impaired (it's not what you think)

Minne-snow-ta, is known for it's snowy and bitterly cold winters. Today we had bitterly cold roads as well as icy roads. It took me twice as long to get to work.

But here's where it gets interesting. I am driving to a clients house out in the country and I run out of windshield washer fluid. I have to navigate my way on a 2 lane highway with a very dirty windshield and a impatient driver on my tail. I make it to the gas station and wipe my windows and replace the washer fluid (Note: I got the car in May, this is the first time I have had to replace the washer fluid). I begin driving and his the washer fluid button and get no fluid. I stop at a service station and talk to a mechanic who says it is either frozen washer fluid or a frozen hose but to wait it out and see. I cancel with my client and navigate my way back to work. I go to leave and warm up the car. For kicks and giggles I his the washer fluid button. It works! Makes me thankful it is something I can look back at and laugh, however I do not want to be stuck in this situation again.

-Jackie

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

That so stinks. I've run out with no place in sight to replace and ended up pulling over periodically and wiping snow on the windshield. I wouldn't recommend trying it.

Teresa said...

Our car will drink the whole gallon jug of washer fluid (it also has a back one but the wiper needs to be replaced, it's the one you can ONLY get through a dealer! UGH). Anyway, ours freezes a lot during winter. It's so annoying!