Monday, December 29, 2008

Day 264 (December 29th)--House of Charity

Today I volunteered along with a community group I am involved with, to serve meals at the house of Charity in Downtown Minneapolis. I was on the hots side and served over 134 people by myself! They said it was a good thing our group showed up or they would not have been able to get everyone served. Upon talking with the assistant manager I found out that the people are amongst the increasing number or people have jobs but cannot afford the cost of food because every bit of their paychecks are going to meet their mortgage. I am planning on helping out here at least once a month.

-Jackie

2 comments:

Kathy G said...

Good for you! It's sad that so many more people are going to soup kitchens because they can't afford to feed themselves.

Jen said...

That's awesome!