Thursday, December 18, 2008

Day 252--Dec 16th-Don't Break the Ice

Here in MN this week it has been c-c-cold and snowy too! =) I took my dog out this afternoon and as we were walking through the yard the area we were standing on fell through---it was a thin sheet of ice over the snow! I thought it was funny and my dog thought it was a game--he kept taking the chunks of broken ice and throwing them with his mouth across the yard!

EXTRA CREDIT: This morning it was freezing so I put a cup full of bottled water on our deck to see how long it would take to freeze. After 40 minutes there was a layer or ice on it...but I went to the office and forgot about it. When I got home it has froze solid and left a crack all the way around the plastic cup that was holding the water. Talk about your water displacement!

-Jackie

No comments: