Friday, February 27, 2009

Day 323--Feb 26th--A Sad New thing

Today's new thing was a hard thing for me and a reminder that in my life and in my career, all days will not be great. In fact, this is one of the parts of my job I find to be the hardest. Today, as a Social Worker (Prior to this I worked in the Social Service Field but never as an official Social Worker) I dealt with my first client passing away and what I needed to do to close the case with the County. I filed many reports, made many calls and filed my official last case note. I was helping this client look for new housing so over the last year he is one of the clients I spent the most time with. He will be missed.

-Jackie

4 comments:

Jeanne said...

Aww Jackie I'm so sorry to hear that. {{HUGS}}

Jen said...

I'm so sorry, Jackie. It's gotta be so tough to be in the career that you are, but the world would be a bleaker place without social workers. Keep up the good work, we all appreciate what you and your collegues do.

Colette said...

I'm sorry to hear that. It must be a very difficult part of your job.

Michelle said...

It sounds like you made a difference in his life. I'm sorry for your loss.