Thursday, September 18, 2008

September 17th (Day 162)--Rip off!

Epilogue: I finally did get my mystery shop check on 9/19/08 and the postmark date was 9/8/08. I still don't think I will mystery shop with them again though.

I have been doing mystery shopping for various agencies since 2003....never run into any trouble with payment for these shops. One of the agencies I have worked for specializes in apartment mystery shops. Like I said, never had a problem with them...until now!

In August I did mystery shops for 2 of their apartments. I submitted the reports on time and was told to expect the check to be mailed out around the 6th of the Month (September). I look and look for the check...nothing. Check the mailbox each day after the 6th...no check. I e-mailed the first time and was told the checks were sent out around the 6th. SO I wait...nothing. Yesterday I e-mailed them to let them I know I had not received my check. I get an e-mail from their accounting department stating the check was mailed on the 9th and they would only reissue a check IF I DO NOT RECIEVE THE CHECK WITHIN 60 days! I did the mystery shop because I needed (and was counting on) this extra money. SO my new thing is that I got jipped by an apartment mystery shop company I have worked with for 5 years. Needless to say, I will not be doing any further mystery shops with this company! What a rip off!

-Jackie

No comments: