Wednesday, November 26, 2008

231--(November 25th)--what a disaster!

Tonight I had planned a gathering at Shout House (Dueling Pianos) on Block E. I have a tendency to get lost so I got my directions and left the house early. It didn't help---I for the life of me could not find the place....so I gave up and went home. =(

My hubby was hungry so we decided to go to a resaurant by our house. It was 8 PM. We went there and it was closed for the night. Restaurants closing at 8PM is STUPID in my opinion! So we went to a second restaurant and could not get in the parking lot. So we ended up at a hole in the wall (in a good way) pizza place we used to frequant more when we lived closer.

In a nutshell: I planned a gathering I could not find, went to a restaurant that does not stay open past a 8 years olds bedtime and had to go to 3 places before having some tasty food.

-Jackie

2 comments:

maxine said...

Just wanted to finally leave a comment, I read your blog weekly and see what you have tried, in some ways you remind me of me!(or maybe the me I want to be) I think it is great that you are trying all of these new things. Good luck and keep it up!!

Sydney said...

8pm closing time? That's insane. I would say that's the time that most people go out for dinner [weekday or weekend]. I know that I'm lucky - in Toronto restaurants are open ridiculously late and a lot of them are 24 hours. When I travel to other cities I find that I just can't cope.