Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Day 224 (November 18th)---The Center cannot hold : my journey through madness

In yesterday's post I mentioned the training I went to. Our keynote speaker was supposed to be Elyn Saks, a woman who with schizophrenia who studied at Oxford and went on to do many wonderful things in her life. Unfortunately, like me she was unable to do the keynote speech because she developed bronchitis. But she had written a book which was not read for me at the library until today. So I read Center cannot hold : my journey through madness by Elyn Saks. This is the first memoir sort of book I have read which covers the authors struggles with Schizophrenia. I am not finished yet as it is 300+ pages but it is really good so far.

-Jackie

1 comment:

Lise said...

Hey Jacky, that sounds like it would be a fascinating read. Because of my job (mental health research) I am really interested in people's personal stories! I'll have a look for that one at my local library. I bet she is one inspiring woman!