Monday, November 17, 2008

Day 221 (November 15th)--DIY and John Wayne

I have been staying in this wknd because of the nasty nausea and tiredness I have been feeling. But since I have been staying in I finally have been able to do something I saw featured on the Rachel Ray show. I have been able to DIY (do it myself to fix up) my old clothes. I have this dress I got at the fall swap but it it too tight in the middle. So I made the dress into a babydoll top and a matching hair ribbon. It is not 100% finished yet (I need to find something to wear over the top) but it was a fun thing to do.

EXTRA CREDIT: My husband and I were having a BLAH day and were watching TV. We saw there was a John Wayne western on so we decided to watch it. I had never seen a John Wayne movie prior to today. It was pretty fun to watch. I cannot remember the name but the premise was John Wayne's brothers family was killed after an attack by the Indians and the Youngest daughter was kidnapped so John Wayne and the "adopted son" of the family go off to rescuse the youngest daughter. My husband says most of his movies end with him dying. This one did not.

-Jackie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You totally need to post pics of your DIY!!!

LindainNCtoo said...

I think that movie was "The Searchers" a John Ford ( director ) movie.

With 2 boys in the house ( hubby and son ), we have watched over and over JW films....I love his Westerns and military movies over the years.

We are hooked on watching Turner Classic Movie Channel!!!

Linda ( from T2 group )