Saturday, March 7, 2009

Day 332 (March 7th)--A Down to the Wire new thing


Tonight I actually had a different new thing planned but due to technical difficulties I was not able to do it. So you will see THAT new thing in the coming week. Tonight I found a article about famous feuds....quite a few I had been already aware of but I decided to research a Specific Hollywood feud between two sisters from old Hollywood--Olivia de Havilland and Joan Fontaine. Olivia played Melanie Wilkes in the Movie Gone with the Wind---and I guess just picked on here younger sister Joan like nothing else! They both went into the acting business but their mother would not let Joan use the family name so she had to come up with a screen name! Also when they won their Academy Awards (Joan first) they would blow off the sister that was trying to congratulate them! They finally stopped speaking all together in 1975. This is the kind of Story line that is so good I don't think Hollywood could come up with something as good if they tried! In my family I have had some bumpy patches in the past with my sisters, but nothing EVEN close to this!

-Jackie

No comments: