Saturday, March 14, 2009

Day 338 (March 13th)--Undercover for Nothing


Besides going to taste tests for extra money, I also like to do mystery shops from time to time. I do not go as often as I used to but I have done a lot of them in my day--everything from going to a daycare center posing as a prospective parent to being on a consumer panel discussing steaks to evaluating Lifetime fitness. Today I was supposed to go undercover posing as an agent from a phone company where I would go into an apartment complex to see if they had this company's promotional materials in their move in packet. So I go to Target and buy the gift card they are supposed to get after the audit is over, I change my clothes from jeans to business casual and go out of my way to get to this place only to come to find out they refused to participate in the study. I did all that mystery shop work for nothing. Well, almost for nothing. I e-mailed the scheduler when I got back. They are still paying me for the shop and I will get reimbursed for the $10 gift card. Let me say I will never live at that apartment complex I audited though--the agent was yelling at some tenant on the phone in front of me about going to court blah blah blah.....


-Jackie

No comments: