Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Day 336 (March 11th)--a Couple of new things




Today I was not feeling well (and am blessed to have such a great boss and great job) so my boss told me I could go ahead and finish the day from home. (We can work from home once in awhile). So I was able to lie down for a couple of hours then make up the 3 hours I had left. While I was typing up my case notes I watched Oprah who had celebrity chefs on her show talking about how to make the take out style meals at home for a lot less. Previously, the only cooking show I ever watched was Rachel Rae and only in small tidbits. I learned today how to make some meals such as Shrimp Tacos and Restaurant Style Nachos from tortillas. I learned from Chefs like Tyler Florence some cost cutting solutions like substituting Turkey breast for Hamburger and the importance of having a slow cooker (which we do.) The first family they profiled on there spent $400 a week on take out. I wonder where they struck it rich. I kick myself for spending over $30 a week on fast food/takeout!

EXTRA CREDIT: Kohl's was having a sale and I was in DESPERATE need of new jeans (my old ones keep sliding down, even with a belt) and tops for work. I ended up getting a pair of Gloria Vanderbilt Jeans. I have never owned a pair of this brand of jeans before...I might have to buy another pair in the future. I have been having trouble finding a nice pair of jeans and these are the PERFECT FIT and for a great price!

-Jackie

No comments: