Sunday, August 24, 2008

Day 138--August 24th--Potluck with Strangers


As you get older it is safe to say it is harder to meet new people. I have found myself in a rut as a lot of the women in their mid 20's around here want to go out and shop or go out to the clubs. Being married for 6 and a half years, neither of these things are my scene anymore. On the flip side, many times I end up in a group of Mom's of young children (who are focused on playdates and potty training) which leaves me out of the loop because I am not a mommy. =(

Today I attended a potluck with a group of women who get together to try new things. I went to a potluck with a few of them at Minnehaha Falls. It was a wonderful time and the women were great. One of them works in a job I used to be in so we had a lot to talk about. It was really refreshing to be around this group of women. I found them through http://meetup.com/ which has meetups in each state (and I think now internationally). There are a wide range of groups to choose from. I am looking forward to my next meetup with the women. It was also nice to go to the Falls again. It was a nice day to sit in the sin and just take it all in. The above is from 2 years ago but will give you a shot of the beauty of the falls (that is my hubby and I from back in 06 when we rode bike with friends to the falls).


-Jackie

2 comments:

Jen said...

What a great idea! I often find myself in the same predicament when trying to meet new people...

Jeanne said...

What a beautiful spot. I should pass that link on to a friend of mine. She's single and not into the club scene, not looking for someone or into the mommy club. Saw some Favre Jets jerseys yesterday. Seemed weird.