Sunday, August 31, 2008

Day 148 (September 3rd)---A Role of Importance




Today was a busy day for me. Work, a meeting with a client over lunch at BK, a taste test and training part 2........I have worked as an election judge in the elections since 2002. But this is the first time I am serving as head election judge. A big part of my role is to assist in training in new election judges as well as ensure that my polling place is run efficently and the result are modemed over at the end of the night. Due to the fact that this will be such a huge election in terms of numbers and with how this could really change things for us as a Nation, I am very excited to be a part of the election process. Also since we moved to a new city last year, I am working in a whole new polling place with people I have not met before. I am anticipating the Primary to be a bit slower but the General Election to be a VERY LATE night. I took that whole week off of work for a mini vacation...it will be interesting to see how late that one runs. (Back in the 04 elections our polling place had the results in and reported by 11PM...I think there's a fat chance of it this time.)
-Jackie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that's pretty cool that you're helping with the election. i really want to volunteer with my political party...but i don't want to call people.