Friday, August 29, 2008

Day 144 (August 30th) A whole lotta nothin'

Last night I became sick again from the food poisoning. I had had soup during the afternoon then tried to eat a sandwich later in the night.....my stomach was not ready for it.

With that said I had to take my PRN of Trazodone to get to sleep and this morning I still felt under the weather so I slept in until noon. Seriously, even on the wknd I normally do not sleep past 7:30 or 8Am and then I am usually out and about running errands or doing fun things. Not today. I did not get out of bed until noon. I did get up about 8:30 but then finished my book and dozed in and out of sleep. (Not because of the book). I got up and showered about noon and the most I did was some laundry and picked up some magazines to read at the corner store. I felt like a bum but I know that in order to get back to 100% I needed to take care of myself. I am hoping to be up to more productive activities tomorrow though....

EPILOGUE: We ended up losing power on the whole block from 10pm-12am. My hubby was in the shower when everything went pitch black. A lot of people began assembling on their decks. It was kind of fun.....I KNEW there was a reason I did not go and get groceries this day!

-Jackie

2 comments:

Kathy G said...

I don't know that I've ever stayed in bed till noon. Even when I've stayed up to see the sun rise, I feel guilty sleeping all day.

I HAVE, however, gotten out of bed and moved directly to laying on the couch once or twice.

Jackie said...

That's basically what I did. Since I have a puppy I did have to take him out but right after he did his business I went straight for the couch and fell asleep there.