Sunday, August 24, 2008

Day 142--(August 29th)---Poison!

Food Poisoning that is. Today's new thing was supposed to be volunteering at an Inner City Ministy helping to get backpacks ready for inner city families who could not afford school supplies. Today's new thing ended up being Food Poisioning. Yesterday morning I boiled some eggs to put in my (inulated) lunch bag to bring to work. This is a regular thing for me. I ended up forgetting them in the fridge. I got home and decided to eat them then and there. I don't think that they had been cooked all the way. Last night I began to feel queasy made a lot of trips to the bathroom (enough said). I went to bed and the cramping and other symptoms got worse through the night. At 7Am I ended up calling my boss. She was out of work with food poisoning about a month or so ago so she understood (Oysters did it for her.) She was really sweet about it, told me to call her if I needed anything and made sure there weren't any appointments I needed to reschedule. The volunteer coordinator was nice too. It's just a bummer as I would have rather been working then volunteering vs getting over this nasty episode. At at about 11Am I began to feel a bit better but I am still nowhere near 100%. I also think I may have an aversion from boiled eggs for a few days....

-Jackie

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

ewww...sorry to hear about this new thing! i had food poisoning once from eating raw cake batter with a bad egg in it...i had it coming out both ends all night! :P
so you're an ordained minister...that's interesting!

Colette said...

That's too bad. I had food poisoning once, and what really amazed me was that I was sick for 1 day but weak for another 3 or 4. I hope you recover quickly.

Kathy G said...

I've also not had food poisoning, and I really don't plan on adding it to my list!

Jackie said...

Unfortunately sometimes life deals you out things for your 'new things list' that you would not want to willingly add.

Teresa said...

Ew... I got fp from hot dogs (the ones with cheese in them). My mom and dad got it too. Thankfully, we had 2 bathrooms. LOL

I also wanted to say that I have been reading almost everyday, just not always commenting. I hope that is okay with you. :-)

Teresa said...

Oh and I've done a lot of new things in the last 4 days...lol. I thought about you everytime we passed a Culver's on the trip... lol... proof that I read that entry too. :-D