Saturday, April 4, 2009

Day 360 (April 4th)--Baby showers and Artwork




Today I went to my first baby shower. My husband and I have been struggling with infertility for the last 5 and a half years. It's been hard. But I made it through the shower without breaking down and in one piece. It was for a friend of mine. It was strange though because there was just lunch and gifts. Aren't there normally games at baby showers? My friend Liz was great--we are both uncertain if we will ever be able to have children so we stuck together--talked and laughed and talked about what gifts we would like for our own personal use. Afterwards I did reward myself and got some sushi!

I also created some artwork using my photos on loonapix. One is so cute I used it as my Facebook Profile pic. (See above).

-Jackie

4 comments:

Becky said...

I think it was very brave of you to go to the baby shower. I now find them too difficult so I just send a gift. If it is a close friend, I will take them to lunch and give them the gift at that time. From what I remember, games are usually played at baby showers, but I have heard people say they don't like them so maybe your friend is part of that group. I am praying for you in regards to IF.

I like the pictures, especially the second one!

Jeanne said...

Good for you Jackie on the shower! {{HUGS}} Those pics are really cool too! RYC: Glad my link led you to some new reads. It's great to have libraries to get books from and be able to request titles.

Jen said...

I can't imagine what you're going through, but it was so incredibly kind for you to go to the shower even though it was so hard for you.

Amber D said...

I remember how hard my first one was when Mark and I were trying (and not succeding) I haden't even walked in yet and I was bawling. Good for you hon!