Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Day 364 (April 8th)--Going Deeper

I have been meeting with a small group through Eaglebrook Church on Monday nights. We ended up dumping the book we were doing (A book for busy women that is actually focused more on stay at home moms...but she does not advertise it as such.) So this week we decided on our next course of study and we have decided to do an inductive bible study. These are different than regular studies as they did deep into the book of the bible you are reading, verse by verse. Right now we are studying the book of Philippians. All I can tell you right now is that the study is different for me and will take some getting used to. I am more used to topical bible studies and once I took a class where we read the whole Bible in 90 days. We'll shall see how this goes....either way it is better than Elizabeth George and her busy womens devotional...

-Jackie

2 comments:

Becky said...

I love Philippians, it is one of my favorite books in the Bible. I have never done an inductive Bible study either. It sounds very interesting though.

I can't believe you are almost done with your year of new things!

Amber D said...

I hate that, you get all excited about a book. Have an idea of what your expecting and then its totally diffrent. Grrr :( Oh well.

I just finished a study like that of Esther. Maybe I'll start in on phillipians and if I get stuck or have a question I know someone else who is going through it!