Thursday, April 9, 2009

Day 365 (April 9th)--One year yes, but I have an announcement!














Today is the official one year mark and my 365th day of completing my New Things challenge. Due to circumstances beyond my control today, I had to do a last minute switch on today's activity. But I've thought about it and decided I am going to do things differently. INSTEAD OF DOING A 365 DAY NEW THINGS CHALLENGE, I am extending this one to 368 days. The official last day will be on Sunday. I have some fun things planned for these last few days and am excited to break the mold and do 368 days straight instead of 365.

This new thing was challenge by the Host of the Amazing Race, Phil Keoghan. A couple of weeks back I read his book about going the distance and doing things you once might have thought of as being impossible. One section of the book talks about reliving things from your childhood. With waiting on news about our new apartment and having time off from work the last thing I really wanted to be doing was acting like an adult. So today I did many childhood things.


1.I ate captain Crunch in front of some old episodes of the Brady Bunch, a childhood favorite of mine.





2. I named my 5 favorite childhood TV shows and posted them on Facebook.





3. I curled my hair....as a child I loved curls and started getting perms when I was 9.

4. I read two pre-teen books

Would I do something like this again? YES! Channeling that inner child is something I think we need to do every once in awhile. It helps one forget about the "grown up stresses" of life for awhile.

-Jackie

4 comments:

Jeanne said...

You know Jackie this journey has been such a good one for you why not keep it up. You go girl!

Amber D said...

Good for you girl! I used to be an Amazing Race fan but I stopped watching it when it became all about the drama. I just started watching it again this year since it has a Deaf guy on it. I'm a few episodes behind but hope to catch up soon. Ahh the convienance of web tv.

Jen said...

Sounds like fun! I'm looking forward to your other new things. :)

Becky said...

That sounds like such fun. I use to eat Fruit Loops. Glad you are continuing your challenge for a few more days.