Sunday, April 26, 2009

A wknd of New things







This wknd has not turned out 100% the way I planned but it has been a good wknd nonetheless. I had a few new things this wknd. Here they are:







  1. I took Pretzel for a walk away from our house. There is an area by the library that I know is a Pet Friendly area. So I took him for a walk there, put him in the car, then drove him home. He was so spoiled on Friday, he got 2 car rides and one walk!



  2. I watched Slumdog Millionaire: It's sad to see what this main character (and his love interest) had to face growing up but it had a good ending. For me I think it is one of those movies I watch once and it is enough.



  3. I jumped on the Bandwagon and started reading the first book in the Twilight series. I am halfway through, all I have to say is so far, so good.



  4. I was awakened at 3Am by a sick puppy. Pretzel had eaten something that did not agree with him. I made him boiled rice and hamburger which the vet says helps dog settle their stomach. I had to miss my Volunteer "gig" today because I needed to monitor him and make sure he was okay. He was fully back to his old self by 2pm.



  5. We gave A BIG LOAD of stuff to a lucky Freecycler: I have always agreed with the saying "The early Bird get the worm"--it was true with this Freecycler. This family was first to reply on things I posted and they ended up with a Playstation X, a 27 inch TV, scrapbooking stamps and a stamp pad, some old clothes of mine and a Kodak Easyshare battery charger with batteries. It is nice to get some things off our hands now that we are moving!



  6. I messaged some people on Facebook about old photos. : I found doubles of photos I had from a 2003 scrapbooking meetup in Wisconsin and from InterVarsity Christian Fellowship which I was a part of in College. I am hoping these people will be interested and these photos will find a new home.



-Jackie

3 comments:

Jeanne said...

I'm looking forward to seeing "slumdog millionaire". I have the book and I requested the movie from the library. May have the book read before I get the movie lol. I'm not that far into Valerie's book to really say yet but will compare with you when I do. Glad Pretzel is feeling better. Guess our furbabies get upset tummies just like we do.

Amber D said...

I've enjoyed the books and the movie was great. In fact I think one of the songs from the sound track will be a part of my wedding.

Becky said...

I have been thinking about jumping on the Twilight bandwagon myself. You will have to let us know what you think when you finish.