Friday, April 17, 2009

Very Fishy (April 16th)


I actually have 2 new things for today. First of all I made a fish dish for supper. I love shrimp, scallops and mussels but am not a big fish person. But today I decided to try it and make Telapia. It was flaky and okay but not my cup of tea.I ended up giving the rest of it to my husband.


I also was featured in the Alumni Newsletter for the Social Work department at my College. This is a big New Thing for me because for the first time in my career I feel successful. When I supervised group homes I felt burnt out more than anything. When I supervised Nursing Assistants I felt some sense of accomplishment but was burned out from being on call 24-7. My current job brings a nice sense of balance.


-Jackie

3 comments:

Jen said...

Good for you! I think it makes a big difference when you really enjoy what you're doing.

Becky said...

Congratulations on being featured in the newsletter! Your job sounds really interesting. I really like it when a career field allows you to do different things within the field.

Amber D said...

Good for you! Congrats!