Monday, April 13, 2009

The top 15 because it's too hard to do just 10!
















Below you will find a list of my top ten new things. But before I start on those I have to mention these five new things...that were special to me and close to making the top 10 but just didn't get there...

15) Taking a shower on the deck, in the rain with all of my clothes on--it felt great on a hot summers day!

14) Going to the Viking Museum with Amy, Andy and Mike in Alexandria. It was so fun!



13) The live CD recording concert I went to at my Church, Eaglebrook. It was so cool to be a part of such an awesome worship CD!


12) Mike and I's Thanksgiving was a little on the drab side so we bought our own Turkey and had our own Thanksgiving that next Sunday which watching the Jets play football. (And lose.)

11) With a Community Women's group I participated in a Fall Swap where we brought items we didn't want and were able to "Shop" each room and pick up 5 items each trip of things we DID want. I was barely able to carry everything to the car!


and now for the top 10....

10) I went to the New Guthrie Theatre with my Mom (in Minneapolis) and we saw "Little House; the Musical"--Melissa Gilbert played Mrs Ingalls. We also ate in the Guthrie restaurant beforehand. It was a lot of fun!

9) Going to Cantebury Park with Mike and Andy the wknd of my birthday on $1 night. It was so fun and I won the first 3 horse races. I just picked them by the name and the stats.

8) Volunteering at the House of Charity Soup Kitchen. This is something I have started to do on a regular basis.

7) I become ordained online to become a Minister. I can perform any wedding ceremony now. (Don't ask me to though because I did it for fun more than anything!)

6) I got lost and found the Mansion of Kevin Garnett, former Timberwolf and current Boston Celtic!

5) I worked as Head Election judge during this history making election.

4) I helped spread the word about Ratchet, a dog who was adopted in Iraq but who the military was trying to detain from being rescued and brought back to MN. There was enough response that Ratchet was allowed to be brought back to his loving home in MN (It was a US soldier who adopted him).

3) My husband and I attended our first service at Our New Church, Eaglebrook. We cannot tell you how much the people in that Church have blessed us!

2) I got my beloved car...my 2007 PT Cruiser!

and the #1 new thing....you may be surprised! It occured on Day 83 of my new things challenge....

1) I was going to have dinner with a friend when a car full of College Guys pulled up alongside me and serenaded me. It is one of those moments that is so rare and funny you can't help but remember it fondly!

I hope you enjoyed my recap of my top 15 things. Here's to more fun and exciting new things in the Future!

-Jackie =)

3 comments:

Becky said...

You really did some very memorable new things!

I did not even know there was a Little House musical - I loved that book series. I dream of reading it with my daughter if I ever have one.

Jeanne said...

I love seeing that picture of Pretzel with the turkey. I don't know how you limited yourself to choosing only 15 things from all the fun you had and I'm glad you're going to continue with the blog here and trying new things.

Amber D said...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun this last year, can't wait to see more posts.