Sunday, April 12, 2009

Day 368 (April 12th)--This is it--now what?


Today was one of my favorite Holidays--Easter. I was glad it was not snowing here like it was last year as it made for a depressing day. This morning my husband and I spent Easter with my parents, sister and niece. The new things of the day for me are very heartfelt as they represent yet another step forward in my battle with infertilty. For privacy reasons I am not posting the pics of my niece on here but for those of you on facebook, the pictures are on there. Not only was I able to shop for and give my niece an Easter Present but I was also able to hold my sleeping niece in my arms without breaking down. I cannot tell you how huge this was for me.


When I started this new things challenge a year ago, I was in a very rough spot....I was in the midst of a year that shook all I knew to the core and one week after I started this challenge, my husband faced a crisis that made me wonder if I would be able to continue. I tend to be someone who is very hard on myself and there were days when I wondered if it would always be dark--would I ever see that dawn that follows the darkest days? This challenge has really taught me a couple of very important things 1) You can serve others without having a lot of money--a small act of kindness can make all the difference. 2) Looking for New things really helps you appreciate the simple things. and 3) A lot can change in your life for the better if you just open your heart.


I want to thank those of you who have ever read this site or left a comment. Finishing this challenge was huge for me and I feel finishing it on Easter was huge for me. I have decided that I will continue this blog--I have new things I still want to do. But I will not be doing them everyday. I will update this blog as I try new things and want to share them. New things have become a big part of my life and I want to continue to share them with you all. I also want to thank my husband Mike and my good friend Andy who encouraged me during this challenge. They were a big source of some of the new things I have tried.


I think it is important to see where you've been when you move forward. My next post will be highlighting the top 10 favorite New things. I look forward to sharing them with all of you.


Take Care,

Jackie

7 comments:

Kathy G said...

I'm looking forward to reading your "Top 10".

Becky said...

Congratulations on completing this challenge! I have really enjoyed reading about the new things you have tried. I like what you said about how looking for new things makes you appreciate the simple things. I feel like that is something that could really be helpful for me to do right now. I am trying "to be content whatever the circumstances" (Phil 4:11) in the midst of infertility.

I'm glad you will be continuing the blog. You are in my prayers.

Happy Easter!

Jen said...

Congrats on finishing up your year of new things! It really is a big accomplishment. I'm looking forward to keeping up with your blog. :)

Amber D said...

Good job! The thought of doing this myself is dounting. I'm proud of you for completing it and look forward to your updates. After Mark and I's short battle with not being able to become pregnant I have some idea of how you feel and I know it is hard. I will continue to pray for that.

Blessings,
Amber

Anonymous said...

congrats for completing your challenge!

Colette said...

Congratulations! Finishing this challenge is a big deal - and it does make you look at the world differently.

Jeanne said...

Congratulations Jackie on completing this great undertaking. You had some really awesome experiences and I'm looking forward to reading them next.