Monday, April 6, 2009

Day 362 (April 6th)--I get lost in your eyes....


"It's like being lost in heaven, when I get lost in your eyes." LOL! There's something about starting work at 4am (no, that's not my new thing) that makes one a little silly. This new thing was very unplanned but I think it has been one of my funniest. A few times in my year of new things I have been randomly serenaded, once when a car full of college guys pulled up besides me (this is my favorite of the new things so far) and another time when I was bell ringing for the Salvation Army. Today the shoe was on the other foot when I was at the store picking up a couple of small things. Debbie Gibsons song "Lost in Your Eyes" came on and I sang it (loud enough for others to hear) all the way through the store....from one end to the other and through the self checkout. I did get some curious glances, yes but I had fun and hey, I had been up since 3 am so I was entitled to be a little cheesy. Wasn't that what the 80's teen idols were all about?

EXTRA CREDIT: I took my husband over to do a taste this this afternoon and I got to encounter one of the stupidest drivers on the road. Right off the Highway there is a side street with a clear divide between the two lanes. But this lady kept driving directly into the wrong lane. I was the third car that passed her and I motioned that she was going the wrong way but she just kept going. I would have called the cops but did not catch her license plate number. The last I saw she was heading past 2 other people doing the exact same thing. She looked older, I hope a cop caught her and took care of it.

-Jackie

1 comment:

Jen said...

That's awesome! I just love that you sang in the store. :)